Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $23.80
About this product
- DescriptionPractical, reliable and convenient! PASHTO a Language Map(r) is the must-have language guide for anyone travelling to Afghanistan. This Language Map(r) gives you essential words and phrases at a glance. Ultra-thin, light-weight, and laminated, it is specially designed for rigorous on-the-go travel and slips into your pocket easily. When communicating accurately is critical to your success, PASHTO a Language Map(r) is your reliable source for the words you will need most. Pashto is spoken in Afghanistan.
- Author BiographyKristine K. Kershul blends her experience as a teacher, world traveler and language scholar to create a playful, innovative way to learn and use a new language. Teacher: As an expert linguist, Kristine spent ten years teaching German at universities in the United States and in Europe. World Traveler: An adventurous spirit, Kristine has explored more than 100 countries, from Bhutan to Zimbabwe, and almost every exotic locale in between. She understands the problems that all travelers encounter, regardless of which country they are visiting. She knows first-hand how languages can open doors to new adventures, new friends and different cultures. Language Scholar: Kristine completed her undergraduate and graduate studies while living in Heidelberg, Germany. She then received a second Master's Degree from the University of California in Santa Barbara and subsequently, did her Doctoral studies in Medieval German Languages and Literature. In addition to German she also speaks a number of other languages ranging from Arabic to Swahili. A Colorful Background: Kristine's fascination for languages began as a child growing up in a tri-lingual household in Oregon, where Croatian, Danish and English were spoken. Kristine's natural gift for languages opened doors outside the academic world. She worked as a bilingual travel guide in Europe and later, as a translator at the U.S. Embassy in Germany. On A Personal Note: Kristine's passion for travel, foreign languages and new cultures continues to take her around the world. One never knows where she'll venture to next - Namibia, Kiribati or Guyana. Kristine is a licensed pilot, a certified diver and an avid downhill skier. She enjoys competitive horseback riding and playing the piano. She makes her home in both Seattle, Washington and in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Author(s)Kristine K. Kershul
- PublisherBilingual Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBilingual Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight60 g
- Width275 mm
- Height110 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.