All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is Pasos 2?Consolidate and develop your language skillsIn Pasos 2, the second stage of the course, the language skills learnt in Pasos 1 are consolidated and developed, giving learners the ability to communicate confidently at a higher level. They will also gain an insight into the history, customs and everyday life of modern Spain and Latin America.What will I learn?Active and realistic use of the languagePasos 2 encourages active and realistic use of the language over a wide range of topics and situations throughout its fourteen topic-based lessons. There is a wealth of up-to-date authentic reading and listening materials as well as speaking and writing tasks based on everyday situations in a Spanish and Latin American context. The tasks draw on learners' opinions, experience and kwledge of the world and are set against a background of more controlled presentation and practice of essential grammatical items.How will I learn?Integrated task-based approachEach lesson is subdivided into stand-alone sections which provide an integrated task-based approach. As with Pasos 1, there are regular opportunities for revision, and vocabulary and grammar summaries are provided both at the end of each lesson and in a separate section. Preparate features prepare learners for new language and topics and lessons end with an Autoevaluacion self-assessment feature. The book includes a two-way glossary. Group or independent studyPasos 2 constitutes a useful resource for the learner studying alone as well as the student in the classroom. What is new in the third edition?Improvements and additionsThe new edition has improvements and additions based on ideas and feedback from tutors across the country. There is also w simple navigation between the book and CDs, with clearly marked references in the Coursebook. Interactive quizzes and exercisesBrush up and reinforce your learning at home, with fun, interactive online quizzes and exercises. Or use them in class with the group. Where do the Coursebook and CDs fit within the Pasos 2 Range?Pasos 2 Coursebook and CDs: - 1 copy of the third edition of the Coursebook (the primary text for the Pasos 2 course) - 3 audio CDs (3 hours of recordings)Pasos 2 Course Pack: - 1 copy of the third edition of the Coursebook (the primary text for the Pasos 2 course) - 3 audio CDs (3 hours of recordings) - 2 Support Books containing a key to the exercises and recording transcripts. Pasos 2 Activity Book: an intermediate level workbook which complements the exercises in the third edition of the Pasos 2 coursebook. Divided into 14 units, 12 of which are subdivided into sections covering or expanding a different linguistic area while the remaining two contain general revision and test material. The range of activities includes wordsearches, crosswords and cultural quizzes along with extra reading comprehension tasks. Vocabulary and verb conjugation exercises are provided, and each lesson ends with a revision section which practises a cluster of language points. A valuable resource for learners and teachers alike, offering extra practice in class as well as ideas for homework activities. It can be used alongside the third edition coursebook to provide further tasks for faster learners or more intensive practice on a specific area. It can also be used as self-access material by learners who wish to work through the materials independently.
- Author BiographyRosa Maria Martin is Director of the Language Learning Unit at Queen Mary and Westfield College (University of London) and an experienced language teacher and adviser. Martyn Ellis is a renowned specialist in language teaching and learning. Both are best-selling authors of several language-teaching series, including the 4-part schools Spanish course Aventura Nueva.
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication29/04/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content NoteFully illustrated in colour throughout
- Weight596 g
- Width189 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM and Paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.