All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her long career as Product Evangelist for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, Julieanne Kost has taught thousands of digital photographers how to get the most out of Adobe's digital imaging software, in seminars, presentations, and blog posts ranging from nuts-and-bolts tips and tricks to inspirational tutorials on creating sophisticated artistic effects. As Lightroom has grown into the premier image organization and editing tool for photographers, she is often asked by her students and other fans to outline her own Lightroom workflow in a book. This is that book! Using her own stunning images as the starting point, Julieanne shares her working methods with the reader, starting from the initial idea for a photo project, continuing through planning and executing the shoots, and spending the bulk of the time describing the post-capture workflow: organizing the images in Lightroom, performing basic and advanced edits, off-loading images to Photoshop for special purposes, then packaging the project for publication and distribution as a book, slideshow, or web site. Readers will reap the benefit of Julieanne's long and deep experience with both Lightroom and Photoshop as well as her refined artist's sensibility. The book deftly combines practical information about working with the camera and computer, but under Julieanne's guidance the practical is always presented in the service of maintaining and supporting the photographer's vision for the overall project. There are other books on using Lightroom to catalog and edit images, but they tend to be general-purpose manuals that cover any and all types of images and uses. This book focuses on those techniques and workflows that Julieanne finds most useful for her own photographic projects; in this case a series of images shot from the window of a moving car going through a variety of landscapes at different times of the year. Check out the ad in the back of the book for details on becoming an Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan member for up to 20% off your first year!
- Author BiographyNamed one of Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business, Julieanne Kost is a Principal Evangelist at Adobe Systems, responsible for fostering relationships with customers through meaningful and inspirational Photoshop and Lightroom instruction. As a highly sought-after speaker for the industry-standard Digital Imaging franchise, she devises and presents motivating and educational training sessions, sharing original techniques and tutorials worldwide - via live events, Adobe.com, her own website (jkost.com) and blog (blogs.adobe.com/jkost). She is also the author of Window Seat - The Art of Digital Photography and Creative Thinking, an accomplished photographer and fine artist, and creator and host of the popular Photoshop CC Essential Training and the Art of Photoshop Compositing for Lynda.com, as well as Revitalize your Workflow with Lightroom for CreativeLive. Kost is well-known for her unique approach to instruction, infusing practical tips and tricks with an equal amount of humor and creativity that keeps audiences entertained and engaged. She often serves as a guest lecturer at distinguished photography schools and leading educational institutions around the world. She has created and published more than a thousand instructional videos for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. For her outstanding service and contributions to the photographic industry, she received the Gerhard Bakker award from the Professional Photographers of America and was granted the title of Honorary Educational Associate from the American Society of Photographers.
- Author(s)Julieanne Kost
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdobe Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.