All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionPope John Paul II's successor is already the subject of informal negotiations among the College of Cardinals. In Passing the Keys, Burkle-Young illustrates how the process of electing modern popes operates, providing in-depth case histories of the elections of the popes from Leo XIII in 1878 to John Paul II in 1978. Burkle-Young explores the most pressing theological issues-including the current state of the priesthood and the debates waged over contraception and women as priests and bishops-that w guide the College and influence the future of the Vatican.
- Author BiographyFrancis A. Burkle-Young has been a consultant for Time and Newsweek on the workings of the Vatican. He is the author of The Life and Times of Cardinal Innocenzo Ciocchi del Monte. He lives in Kensington, Maryland.
- Author(s)Francis A. Burkle-Young
- PublisherDerrydale Press
- Date of Publication28/08/1999
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationMissoula
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDerrydale Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight908 g
- Width159 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.