Passing the PPR TExES Exam for EC-12 Teachers: Keys to Certification and Ethical Teaching by Barbara L. Wilmore, Amy J. Burkman, Elaine L. Wilmore (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.12+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionoA timely and critically important guide focused on the competencies essential for teachers to enter the classroom and work with diverse students.ouPatrick M. Jenlink, Professor of Doctoral StudiesStephen F. Austin State University, TXoThe authors have created a comprehensive, upbeat, and positive step-by-step process on how to study for the TExES examuoffering real-life ideas that even a veteran teacher could use.ouDebra Hurst, ELL Kindergarten TeacherAustin Independent School District, TXAce the test, lower your stress, and achieve success!Best-selling author Elaine L. Wilmore and educator Amy Burkman bring extensive TExES exam-development and workshop-training experience to this comprehensive handbook. Written in a friendly and encouraging tone, the text helps aspiring teachers prepare for the Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities TExES Exam. The book details each of the learner-centered standards, domains, and competencies while addressing todayAes hot topics of assessment, diversity, techlogy, family and student engagement, legal/ethical issues, and professional development. The authors also connect theory to practice with real-life examples that demonstrate the leadership philosophy behind the exam. Special features include:Test-taking tips and strategies that build confidence Practical application examples from each domain and area of competencyA fun oOur Favoriteso section that develops critical thinking and synthesizes conceptsPractice odecision setso with answers targeted to specific competenciesThis guidebook is more than the definitive roadmap to preparing for the PPR TExES exam. The authors give you indispensable keys to becoming a successful and world-changing teacher.
- Author BiographyAmy Burkman is an Associate Professor at American Public University. She has served as a provider of professional development for the Education Service Center for Region 11 and several school districts within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Burkman received a Master's Degree in Library Sciences from Texas Woman's University in 2002, where she was also inducted in Beta Phi Mu, the International Library & Information Studies Honor Society. She was awarded her doctorate from Texas Christian University in May 2009. Burkman is, and has been, active in many local, state, and national organizations. She currently reviews materials for several publications, including the International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation (IJELP) and the Education Leadership Review (ELR). Dr. Burkman has published several articles, including A Practical Approach to Marketing the School Library , which has been included in the 6th Edition of School Library Management, The Role of Social, Civic and Political Responsibility in Educational Leadership Preparation , and Leadership Development in the United States: Systemic Development Within Social Culture. Dr. Burkman served as an elementary principal, an elementary and secondary assistant principal, a school librarian and a classroom teacher before she moved to higher education. Learn more about Elaine Wilmore's PD offerings Dr. Elaine Wilmore was a public school teacher, counselor, elementary, and middle school principal before she moved to higher education. She has extensive background in everything from Early Childhood Education to creating and leading doctoral programs. She currently serves as a Doctoral Dissertation Adviser for Nova Southeastern University. She also founded and is President of Elaine L. Wilmore Leadership Initiatives, which focuses on improving campus and district leadership to increase student performance. Elaine formerly served as a Professor, the Chair of Educational Leadership, Counseling, and Foundations and as the founding Doctoral Director at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin. She also served at Dallas Baptist University as Assistant Vice President for Educational Networking and Program Director for the M.Ed. and, again, the implementing director of the Doctor of Education degree in Educational Leadership. Prior to her position at Dallas Baptist University, Dr. Wilmore served as Special Assistant to the Dean for NCATE Accreditation, Chair and Associate Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), and was the founder of all initial Educational Leadership graduate programs at UTA including the innovative field-based and grant funded Educational Leadership UTA, which received national acclaim, and the Scholars of Practice program. While at UTA she also served as Director of University Program Development where she developed and was the original Chair of the Faculty Governance Committee for the College of Education. Dr. Wilmore's respect amongst those in higher education has led her to serve as a tenure reviewer in four states and a manuscript and proposal reviewer for many conferences and professional journals. I attended your workshop at College Station this past summer. I am happy to announce that I passed my certification exam the first time around! I am so excited and look forward to the future and what doors may open. Thank you for your strategies and your book! - Elodia Witterstaetter, TX
- Author(s)Amy J. Burkman,Barbara L. Wilmore,Elaine L. Wilmore
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/01/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.