CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionSummer 2011 Pinnacle Book Achievement Award winner. Best Book Award in the category of Thriller Past Twilight will appeal to those who enjoy their mystery and suspense laced with a hint of science fiction, especially if they are t deterred by portrayals of physical and emotional violence and the attitudes and behaviors common to people who spend a good deal of their time in bars. Fortunately, the author balances the all-too-human negative traits of his characters with forays into ethics, hor, and self-respect. Hemingway is a gifted storyteller. He brings to his work the observational and investigative skills and ability to read subtle body language that he learned during his nearly twenty years of experience as a New York State Peacekeeper. Such skills allow him to convey much with little and move his story forward with a character's gesture or glance. Kristine Morris ForeWord Clarion Review Occupying the sparsely populated genre of science-fiction ir, Hemingway's debut blends the extraterrestrial with the classic tale of the one that got away. Hemingway shows skill at plotting, always moving his rather large cast of bar-hopping characters forward. He keeps the reader engaged through twists and turns of the complex mystery. Kirkus Reviews 'Past Twilight'- my vel, has thing to do with vampires. But it does have a mean hurricane that shatters the beach front property of a small town on the Jersey Shore and provides the spark that propels a web of unhealthy relationships to murder, betrayal and of course more murders. It is also a story about two men obsessed with the same woman. One wants to save her the other may be the one who wants to kill her again, yes this is one of those vels where someone goes back in time. Will he solve the puzzle of why the same gun was used to kill the woman he was obsessed with and the man he thought killed her? And when he was sent back in time why did the alien who sent him back whisper to him as his mind was starting to leave his former body: Find the mother and father and you will find your answers. While you're at the Jersey Shore or some other fun vacation spot, reading my book and getting early stage melama on a hot, sweaty afteron at the beach: ask yourself this question. What really happens when the sun goes down? Buy this book and find out what is possible. Somwhere in writing this vel I found passion again and that is when my characters started taking over and it became a vel about many inter-relationships and how some of those relationships can get you killed it you aren't paying attention. It also became a vel that became surpisingly optimistic as the vel moved toward its end. A lot of the vel has that pulp fiction style of the detective vels in the thirties where lurking beneath picket fences and two bedroom homes things were pretty ugly and of course there was always a couple of corrupt copper's. My vel is a lot longer than a detective vel where you have a closed environment of the sharp and savvy detective, leading lady, some victims and everyone else is a suspect. This is because it is also a journey vel played against the background of the 70's. It is also a personal journey where the protagonist tries to make sense of his life and also come to terms with the four types of women that a man gets interested in. The first three types you get to meet in this vel. I could tell you which character is which type. But it is much more interesting if you meet them in the vel. If you are a man I'm sure the three types will look familiar. The last and final type you get to meet in the second vel, if I can sell eugh copies of this vel and I get to make a movie out of the first vel.
- Author BiographyMy experience as a NYC HHC Hospital Police Captain and NYC HRA as a Fraud Investigator was instrumental to the development of my main character. I also value the education I received at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in pursuing a master's degree in Criminal Justice. Most of the characters in this book are various combinations of some of the interesting people I have met. Certainly, some of the people I met at the Jersey Shore during the 1970s provided the early inspiration for my novel. I also have a background in Photography and a respect for some of the great film directors like David Lean who used cinematography to enhance their story telling. I believe a good story is about individuals and the moral, social and physical landscape that ties them together. Hopefully someday, someone will read the book and see a big-budget film Noir.
- Author(s)MR Richard C Hemingway
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.