Consider these sponsored items
- AU $19.75Free postage
- AU $19.99
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry and Miles live with their father, an abalone fisherman, on the south-east coast of Tasmania. With their mum dead, they are left to look after themselves. When Miles isn't helping out on the boat they explore the coast, and Miles and his older brother, Joe, love to surf. Harry is afraid of the water. Everyday their dad battles the unpredictable ocean to make a living. He is a hard man, a bitter drinker who harbours a devastating secret that is destroying him. Unlike Joe, Harry and Miles are too young to leave home and so are forced to live under the dark cloud of their father's mood, trying to stay as invisible as possible whenever he is home. Harry, the youngest, is the most vulnerable and it seems he bears the brunt of his father's anger.
- Author BiographyFavel Parrett is a Victorian writer who loves to surf in the Southern Ocean. She was a recipient of an Australian Society of Authors Mentorship in 2009 and has had a number of short stories published in journals including Island and Wet Ink. PAST THE SHALLOWS is her first novel. She has a passion for travel, especially to Africa and Bhutan, and in her spare time she volunteers at an animal rescue shelter.
- Author(s)Favel Parrett
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication26/02/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight290 g
- Width131 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $13.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.