All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHow can teachers deal with the growing pastoral needs of pupils aged 11-16 in schools? This critical guide explores the pastoral role which teachers play in schools, and argues that today's schools continue to offer children an invaluable source of support. This guide explores a number of serious pastoral issues, drawing on contemporary research to outline the impact which these issues can have on children aged 11-16 and offering practical strategies for providing support on a whole-school and individual classroom level. Consideration is also given to how schools can use the curriculum proactively to help pupils be more prepared to deal with serious pastoral issues. Topics dealt with include: - supporting children who are experiencing separation or divorce - helping to prevent and deal with bullying, including cyber-bullying - identifying and responding to possible child abuse - understanding the impact of domestic violence - supporting children through bereavement - responding to self-harm and suicide This is the essential guide for those training to teach in the secondary sector and for practicing teachers who have recently taken on pastoral responsibilities.
- Author BiographyNoel Purdy is Head of Education Studies in the Department of Teacher Education at Stranmills University College, UK.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNoel Purdy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.