All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionChurch growth in metropolitan communities motivated a short study concerning the pastoral care and counseling of immigrants, specifically Black Caribbean congregants in large/mega congregations. Culture, demination history, and interpretations of scripture enter into the dynamics of defining t only the pastoral office of leaders but their perception of care. The phemelogical cycle of care is said to exist as an exchange happens between caregivers and care receivers. Such an exploration of three congregations opened up rare concepts of the psycho-social, and spiritual nature that guide interpersonal relationships of family systems across cultures. Large/mega congregations desire women's as well as men's style of nurturing and of fellowship that form the characteristics of a sharing, caring congregation. The study implicated a need for more comprehensive interdisciplinary teaching methods to train church leaders and clergy. It signals for an approach in practical theology to develop curricula for spiritual health of cultural plurality in congregations and community.
- Author BiographyJean Beedoe currently teaches in the department of Religion and Theology at Oakwood University in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Author(s)Jean Beedoe
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication24/08/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight358 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.