All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- Description'Rejoice in the presence of children and young people in your meeting and recognise the gifts they bring...Are you ready both to learn from them and to accept your responsibilities towards them?' Pastoral care of children and young people has its own particular difficulties and rewards. Quaker meetings vary so much in size and character: how can Friends offer appropriate overshght and eldership? Within local worshipping groups, who bares the responsibility for safety, for nurturing the Spirit, for developing a friendly, inclusive community? Many - old and young - have contributed to this handbook for all committed to good oversight and eldership, whether appointed elders and overseers or sharing the work in a corporate system. Members of monthly meeting children and young people's committees will find useful guidance in this book, as will those who help with children's meetings and other resource co-ordinators, parents and children and young people Pastoral care of children and young people is the seventh in a series of booklets produced by the Committee on Eldership and oversight, offering information, support and guidance to all those responsible for oversight and eldership. The volumes together form a developing handbook on spiritual and pastoral care, based on the experience and insights of Quakers in Britain Yearly Meeting. The Committee on Eldership and Oversight offers opportunities for reflection, worship and learning more about pastoral care, in co-operation with Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, and organises a gathering at the time of Yearly meeting. The Committee is a means for sharing experience and good practice between Friends and between meetings.
- PublisherQuaker Books
- Date of Publication04/01/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleEldership & Oversight Handbook S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuaker Books
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.