All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPowerful. Practical. Pastoral. Pastor s Handbook is the major expansion and revision of beloved preacher John R. Bisag s previously heralded work, Letters to Timothy. Based on his sixty years in ministry, it w includes 160 brief yet powerful chapters of practical insight for handling real life pastoral issues things that might have fallen through the cracks in seminary. Bisag still mentors young pastors in his retirement and recognizes new challenges in this profession kwn for its high dropout rate. Keeping that in mind, Pastor s Handbook adds helpful entries on such issues as The Seeker Friendly Church, Solving Worship Wars, Multiple Campuses, New Media, and Home Groups as well as Internet Porgraphy, Biblical Inerrancy, The High Cost of Overnight Change, Homosexuality, Christianity and Islam, and more than a dozen other timely topics. Bisag also refreshes many of the original chapters, factoring in new world issues and his updated survey of pastoral colleagues. In the foreword, pastor and best-selling author Rick Warren ( The Purpose-Driven Life ) writes, My prayer is that an entire new generation of pastors and church planters will use this book to develop the necessary perspective, convictions, character, and skills needed for ministry in the 21st century from this giant of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Bisagno is pastor emeritus of the 22,000-member Houston's First Baptist Church where he preached for thirty years. He has also authored twenty-five books and now serves on the adjunct faculty of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Bisagno and his wife, Uldine, have three children and eight grandchildren. They live in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)John Bisagno
- PublisherBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadman & Holman Publishers
- Weight703 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.