All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Nadia Bolz-Weber takes prisoners as she reclaims the term pastrix (prounced pas-triks, a term used by some Christians who refuse to recognize female pastors) in her messy, beautiful, prayer-and-profanity laden narrative about an unconventional life of faith. Heavily tattooed and loud-mouthed, Nadia, a former stand-up comic, sure as hell didn't consider herself to be religious leader material-until the day she ended up leading a friend's funeral in a smoky downtown comedy club. Surrounded by fellow alcoholics, depressives, and cynics, she realized: These were her people. Maybe she was meant to be their pastor. Using life stories-from living in a hopeful-but-haggard commune of slackers to surviving the wobbly chairs and war stories of a group for recovering alcoholics, from her unusual but undeniable spiritual calling to pastoring a torious con artist-Nadia uses stunning narrative and poignant honesty to portray a woman who is both deeply faithful and deeply flawed, giving hope to the rest of us along the way. Wildly entertaining and deeply resonant, this is the book for people who hunger for a bit of hope that doesn't come from vapid consumerism or navel-gazing; for women who talk too loud, and guys who love chick flicks; for the gay man who loves Jesus, and won't allow himself to be shunned by the church. In short, this book is for every thinking misfit suspicious of institutionalized religion, but who is still seeking transcendence and mystery.
- Author BiographyNadia Bolz-Weber is a New York Times bestselling author and the founding pastor of House for All Sinners and Saints, an ELCA mission church in Denver, Colorado. She's a leading voice in the emerging church movement and her writing can be found in The Christian Century and Jim Wallis' God's Politics blog. She is author of Salvation on the Small Screen?: 24 Hours of Christian Television (Seabury 2008) and the Sarcastic Lutheran blog on Patheos.
- Author(s)Nadia Bolz-Weber
- PublisherJericho Books
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJericho Books
- Weight404 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.