All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo one captures big-hearted, big-hatted Texas hospitality like Rebecca Rather - a beloved Hill Country author, restaurateur, and hostess with a growing national reputation. In Pastry Queen Parties , Rebecca celebrates her state's culinary traditions, flavors, and ingredients with more than 100 savory and sweet recipes ranging from Honey-Lavender Rack of Texas Lamb to Grilled Cajun Catfish Tacos, Fig Crostada to Peach Daiquiri Likkercicles. The book is divided into six location-based party menus: a high society Houston soiree, a West Texas artist and musicians' bash, Tex Mex dining in San Antonio, a Gulf Coast summer beach bonanza, a small-town homecoming, and a sweet and sunny Hill Country garden party. Sidebars with tips and secrets from Rebecca and other great Texas hosts and hostesses, along with more than 100 gorgeous scenic and food photos, make for an irresistible invitation to do it up big, Lone Star style.
- Author BiographyIACP award-winning author REBECCA RATHER is the chef-owner of the renowned Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe in the Texas Hill Country town of Fredericksburg, where she cultivates the gracious life with plenty of parties. Formerly a caterer, she has planned and cooked for hundreds of events throughout Texas and across the country. Rebecca has been featured in Texas Monthly, Gourmet, Ladies Home Journal, Food & Wine, Southern Living, Saveur, and O, the Oprah Magazine. Her previous books include The Pastry Queen and The Pastry Queen Christmas. ALISON ORESMAN has been a journalist for more than twenty years, writing and editing for newspapers in Wyoming, Florida, and Washington State. Her weekly columns as a restaurant critic have been featured in Miami and Seattle. Alison coauthored the IACP award winning The Pastry Queen Christmas with Rebecca; this is their third book together.
- Author(s)Alison Oresman,Rebecca Rather
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note100 full-colour photos, 100 recipes
- Weight1148 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.