All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe people who use Patagonia gear have explored the furthest extremities of wildnessfrom the icy waters of the Labrador Sea to the baking hot, vertical granite of El Capitan. Patagonia: Notes from the Field delivers an intense glimpse of those front lines in a spectacular collection of essays and photographs commissioned for Patagonia. Authors such as Paul Theroux, Gretel Ehrlich, Russell Chatham, Rick Ridgeway, and Tom McGuane offer first-hand perspectivesoften off-beat and sometimes unsettlingon our relationship to the natural world. Their words capture life-threatening moments and sudden insights into the soul of a sport. The accompanying images may command silence (the tiny silhouettes of climbers on a distant swy ridge) or elicit a whoop of joy (a kayaker dropping off a 20-foot waterfall). Editor Nora Gallagher has collected the best essays and images from Patagonia's award-winning catalog and melded them with newly commissioned material to create an intelligent, powerful, and vital portrait of life out there. Patagonia: Notes from the Field will appeal to adventurers, travelers, and dreamers everywhere.
- Author BiographyYvon Chouinard is the founder of Patagonia, Inc. He started his career in the outdoor business selling hand-forged climbing gear from the back of his car. Since publishing his first one-page mimeographed catalog in 1964, he has built a company with a reput Nora Gallagher has edited the Patagonia catalog for 15 years. Her essays have appeared in the New York Times Magazine, Mother Jones, and other publications. Author of the book Things Seen and Unseen, she lives in Santa Barbara, California.
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication18/11/1999
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations, portraits
- Weight940 g
- Width223 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNora Gallagher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.