Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly original book represents a major advance in the use of patents to compare countries' techlogical competitiveness. It tabulates and analyses 280,000 United States patents from countries across the world over a ten year period. Specifically, these patents were granted to 't-for-profit' entities (mainly universities and research institutes), firms with more than 500 employees, or to individual inventors. For each of these groups, the book provides statistics and discussion on how long patents are kept in force, the extent to which they are cited, and how far inventions made in different countries are in fact owned in the United States. Inter-country comparisons are provided between groupings of large and small advanced countries and between the sizeable number of countries for which patents are only just beginning to become ecomically important. The fact that all these patents have been subjected to the same examination process facilitates genuine like-for-like comparisons. Some of the more interesting emergent international differences in inventions are also explored. This book will provide a mine of reliable data for ecometric studies of international competitiveness. Believed to be the first ever measurement of the patentable output of universities and research institutes worldwide because it provides the first fully international comparisons, this book will be invaluable to: patent offices and attorneys, university technical transfer offices, national industrial development agencies, as well as ecomists with an interest in international trade and techlogy.
- Author BiographyWilliam Kingston and Kevin Scally, School of Business, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
- Author(s)Kevin Scally,William Kingston
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.