All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionWhen submitting patent applications, patentees are disclosing huge amounts of technical kwledge that can be utilised for development. This book investigates whether it is possible to execute the disclosed techlogies just by reading the patent application. Nefissa Chakroun argues that while the TRIPS Agreement obliges inventors to disclose full and complete disclosure, patent information users lack the capacity to fully utilise such information for their ecomic development. Scrutinising the disclosure and the development function of the patent system, the book offers a critical analysis of the disclosure requirements of the patent system, as well as an in-depth examination of the ways in accessing and retrieving patent information. Chakroun articulates proposals for strengthening the disclosure and methods for enhancing retrieval and exploitation of the techlogical kwledge, including an integrated policy on how patent information could be better utilised for development. A plea for patent information as a significant source for development, this book is t only a valuable contribution to the literature but designed for policymakers at international and national levels to address core issues related to the exploitation of patent information for incremental invation.
- Author BiographyNefissa Chakroun, LLM, PhD, Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL), UK and Senior Public Service Counsellor
- Author(s)Nefissa Chakroun
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.