Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about continuity and change in early nineteenth-century Britain. Against the background of an emerging industrial state, the popularization of liberal laissez-faire principles, and the rise of a class-based society, it examines the revival of traditional paternal ideals and considers their influence upon the development of social policy. Poor laws, social distress, child labor, and factory reform provide a focus for the analysis. The implications of the revival for the emergence of the collective or welfare state is an important theme.
- Author BiographyKim Lawes is Associate Lecturer in the School of Classics, History, and Religion at the University of New England.
- Author(s)Kim Lawes
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication02/12/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in Modern History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight426 g
- Width145 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.