Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionFounded by determined pioneers in 1890, the University of Oklahoma is one of the nation's most beautiful universities. The institution's visual attractions on its three thriving campuses are matched only by its outstanding reputation for academic excellence. Published in celebration of the University's quasquicentennial, Path to Excellence is a stunning photographic history of OU's 125 years of remarkable growth and revitalization. When the University's first president, David Ross Boyd, looked out at the vast -stretch of prairie- where the territorial school would be built, he envisioned great possibilities. The University's first steps on the path to excellence were t always easy, however. Challenges and trials marked its early years. Yet through the perseverance and dedication of students, alumni, faculty, and staff, the modern University took shape. Showcasing both historical and contemporary photographs, Path to Excellence takes the reader on a captivating journey. We see stately academic buildings kwn for their fine architectural details. We see lush green lawns, colorful garden spaces, and sculptures by rewned artists. And as these memorable landmarks take root and develop before our eyes, we see the University become the strong institution it is today, reaching for ever higher levels of scholarship, community service, and academic achievement.
- Author(s)John R Lovett
- PublisherUniversity of Oklahoma Foundation
- Date of Publication10/11/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Oklahoma Foundation
- Weight1383 g
- Width264 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.