All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionSince its launch in 2006, the Hamilton Project at Brookings has produced extensive research on how to create a growing ecomy that benefits all Americans. Its pragmatic work aims to increase opportunities for broad-based wealth, ecomic security, and enduring growth. Path to Prosperity, the first book to emerge from the Hamilton Project, presents important and original work to that end. Path to Prosperity focuses on three key criteria for fostering broadly shared ecomic growth: enhancing ecomic security, building a highly skilled work force, and reforming the tax system. Income security proposals offer methods for reforming unemployment insurance, protecting against the risk of reemployment at a lower wage after job loss, and improving incentives for retirement saving. Education proposals build human capital by improving each level of education, from preschool programs for poor children to graduate fellowships in math and science. The tax proposals seek to make taxation simpler, more progressive, and better suited to a global ecomy. Contributors include Roger C.Altman, Reuven S.Avi-Yonah, Jason E. Bordoff, Kimberly A. Clausing, Susan M. Dynarski, Molly E. Fifer, Richard B. Freeman, Jason Furman,William G. Gale,Austan Goolsbee, Robert Gordon, Jonathan Gruber,Thomas J. Kane, Lori Kletzer, Jeffrey R. Kling, Alan B. Krueger, Jens Ludwig, Peter R. Orszag, Howard F. Rosen, Robert Rubin, Isabel Sawhill, Judith E. Scott-Clayton, and Douglas O. Staiger.
- Author BiographyJason Furman is the director of the Hamilton Project, a Brookings policy initiative aimed at promoting economic growth and opportunity. A former White House adviser, he has conducted research and policy work on issues that include taxes, health care and Social Security. Jason E. Bordoff is policy director of the Hamilton Project at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., USA.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJason E. Bordoff,Jason Furman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.