All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionGreeted with coast-to-coast acclaim on publication, Fernandez-Armesto's ambitious history of world exploration sets a new standard. Presenting the subject for the first time on a truly global scale, Fernandez-Armesto tracks the pathfinders who, over the past five millennia, lay down the routes of contact that have drawn together the farthest reaches of the world. The Wall Street Journal calls it impressive...a huge story [told] with gusto and panache. To the Washington Post, Pathfinders is propelled by an Argonaut of an author, indefatigable and daring. It's a wild ride. And in a front-page review, the Seattle Times hails its tart and elegant presentation...full of surprises. Fernandez-Armesto's lively mind, pithy phrasing, and stunningly thorough and diverse kwledge are a constant pleasure. A plenitude of illustrations and maps in color and black and white augment this rich history. In Pathfinders we have a definitive treatment of a grand subject.
- Author BiographyFelipe Fernandez-Armesto, the William P. Reynolds Professor of History at the University of Notre Dame, is the author of Pathfinders: A Global History of Exploration and Our America: A Hispanic History of the United States. He lives in South Bend, Indiana, and London.
- PrizesWinner of World History Association Book Prize 2007.
- Author(s)Dr. Felipe Fernandez-Armesto
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication19/10/2007
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width180 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.