All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionPathology of Asbestos-Associated Diseases integrates the newest research and advances in its discussion of asbestos-induced diseases. Organized in 13 chapters, the book begins with background information on the mineralogy of asbestos, occupation and environmental exposure to asbestos, and asbestosis. A detailed discussion on mesothelioma includes a historical background, addresses etiologic considerations and epidemiology, pathologic features, differential diagsis and treatment and progsis. Guidelines for assessing and identifying asbestos-associated carcimas of the lung, including histopathology and differential diagsis, are discussed. The text also addresses the explosion of research in the area of molecular biology and the abundance of information bearing on the mechanisms by which asbestos causes disease. Chapters also cover cytopathology and experimental models of asbestos-related diseases. The diseases associated with asbestos have significant medico-legal implications, and there are two chapters dedicated to addressing the issue. More than 190 illustrations complement the text. An invaluable reference for the pathologist, pulmologist, radiologist, and occupational medical practitioner interested in asbestos-related disease as well as malpractice attorneys needing an understanding of asbestos, the diseases it induces, progsis and clinical implications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight832 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byThomas A. Sporn,Tim D. Oury,Victor L. Roggli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.