Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone gathered for prayer, hoping violence might erupt from civilians or police answering the call to intervene. They became silent. Like soldiers going to battle. Not the Boston Tea Party or a momentous war campaign but a small step against wrong. Thus begins Ruth Yuell's first campaign for civil rights. Against the odds and with the opposition of the legal system, her countrymen, and some of her own race, Ruth stands against history to change America. Cloud of Witnesses is the untold epic saga of one woman's incredible, life-long struggle from segregation through equality.
- Author BiographyDonna Grisanti Though I'm a businesswoman and former nurse, I'm sure many of my relatives and friends thought of me as a professional student as I passed from BSN to MSN to MBA. Truly, I'm an advocate of life-long learning and believe no knowledge is wasted. As such I saw my education as an opportunity to support myself, as I worked toward being a writer and author. I'm very grateful to the readers who have enjoyed my first epic, historical novel, Wandering Hearts. However, some may be disappointed because my second novel, Cloud of Witnesses, is not the sequel they've requested. Instead, it is a project that a dear friend advocated that I write for which I used the extensive research I had done years earlier for Wandering Hearts. I think I have explored the lives of the Foster, O. Martin and Walters' families to my satisfaction, but I'm grateful readers want more. Within Wandering Hearts, I was able to portray rural life in America during World War II and the challenges of a multicultural community during that time. Cloud of Witnesses is a novel detailing the modern Civil Rights era as seen through the eyes of a young black woman, her family, her community, and her two collegiate friends. As you may see in my work, I have always been fascinated by the deep, scarring injustice of segregation and by those individuals who step forward and risk themselves for what they think is right. Simply, I am a story-teller, telling of the lives, sights, sounds, and feelings of my characters in their own time and place.
- Author(s)Donna J Grisanti
- PublisherPhoenix Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhoenix Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.