All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and accessible book fills the need for a political ecomy view of global environmental politics, focusing on the ways international ecomic processes affect environmental outcomes. It examines the main actors and forces shaping global environmental management, particularly in the developing world. Moving beyond the usual emphasis on international agreements and institutions, it strives to capture t only academic theoretical debates but also views on politics, ecomics, and the environment within the halls of global conferences, on the streets during antiglobalization protests, and in the boardrooms of international agencies, ngovernmental organizations, and industry associations. The book maps out an original typology of four contrasting worldviews of environmental change -- those of market liberals, institutionalists, bioenvironmentalists, and social greens -- and uses them as a framework to examine the links between the global political ecomy and ecological change. This typology provides a common language for students, instructors, and scholars to discuss the issues across the classical social science divisions.The second edition of this popular text has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect recent events, including the food crisis of 2007-2008, the financial meltdown of 2008, and the Copenhagen Climate Conference of 2009. Topics covered include the environmental implications of globalization; wealth, poverty, and consumption; global trade; transnational corporations; and multilateral and private finance.
- Author BiographyPeter Dauvergne is Professor of Political Science and Canada Research Chair in Global Environmental Politics at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Jennifer Clapp,Peter Dauvergne
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note30 figures, 3 tables
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.