All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionPathways to Professionalism in Early Childhood Education and Care is concerned with a growing interest from policy and research in the professionalisation of the early childhood workforce. Illustrated by in-depth case studies of invative and sustainable pathways to professionalisation, it recognises the importance of a systemic approach to professionalisation across all levels of the early childhood. The authors of this wide-ranging book share insights of professionalism from various European countries and suggest that professionalism in early childhood unfolds best in a 'competent system'. This book considers a broad range of international issues including * Continuous professional support and quality * Early Childhood education and care staff with different qualifications in professional development processes. * How personal attitudes and competence of educators are related to the wider system of competent teams, leadership, collaboration across services and competent governance * From research to policy: the case of early childhood and care Pathways to Professionalism in Early Childhood Education and Care is a crucial and fascinating read for professionals working in the sector and contributes to broadening views on what professionalism in early childhood can mean within a 'competent system'.
- Author BiographyMichel Vandenbroeck is Professor at the Department of Social Work and Social Pedagogy at Ghent University, Belgium. Mathias Urban is Professor of Early Childhood Studies and Director of the Early Childhood Research Centre (ECRC) at the University of Roehampton, London, UK Jan Peeters is the coordinator of the Centre for Innovation in the Early Years of the Department of Social Work and Social Pedagogy at Ghent University, Belgium.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTowards an Ethical Praxis in Early Childhood
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byJan Peeters,Mathias Urban,Michel Vandenbroeck
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.