All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- Description<em>Pathways to Teacher Leadership</em> investigates emerging patterns in the development and effectiveness of teacher leadership. What roles do teachers pursue as they seek to lead change in their schools? What pressures and challenges do emerging leaders face? How can principals and peers support effective teacher leadership?<br><br>Marya R. Levenson takes a broad view of teacher leadership, encompassing t only instructional leadership but also teachers' roles in organisational improvement at the school level and the emerging movement to give teachers a voice in district, state and federal policy. She looks closely at the particular demands on young teachers in mission-driven urban schools, as well as those in more traditional settings. Drawing on lively case studies of teacher leadership in different contexts, she examines the potentially sticky relationships between emerging leaders, principles, families and communities.<br><br><em>Pathways to Teacher Leadership</em> provides a powerful counterpoint to current debates about teacher quality and shows how teachers can work together to make schools better.
- Author Biography<strong>Marya R. Levenson</strong> is a professor of the practise in education and the Harry S. Levitan Director of Teacher Education at Brandeis University.<br><br><strong>Ann Lieberman</strong> is a senior scholar at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Marya R. Levenson
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byAnn Lieberman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.