All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo survive the roller-coaster ride of life, with its ever-changing shifts from pleasure to pain, gain to loss and praise to blame, requires a substantial depth of patience. In this life-changing book, Allan Lokos sheds new light on this much-sought-after state of mind and provides a road map for cultivating greater patience in one's life. According to Lokos, to develop a depth of patience we must first ackwledge the unhappiness caused by our impatience and anger in its many manifestations-from mild anyance to rage. In this revelatory book, Lokos draws on his many years as a Buddhist practitioner and spiritual teacher, as well as interviews with a wide range of individuals who have had their patience tested-often dramatically so-and lays out a compelling path to the heart of patience.
- Author BiographyAllan Lokos is the founder and guiding teacher of the Community Meditation Center in New York City. A former professional singer who was in the original Broadway company of Oliver! among others, Lokos has published numerous articles and been a contributor to Tricycle magazine. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Allan Lokos
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Weight245 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.