Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionPatient safety is a predominant feature of quality healthcare and something that every patient has the right to expect. As a nurse, you must consider the safety of the patient as paramount in every aspect of your role; and it is w an increasingly important topic in pre-registration nursing programmes. This book aims to provide you with a greater understanding of how to manage patient safety and risk in your practice. The book focuses on the essentials that you need to kw, and therefore provides a clear pathway through what can sometimes seem an overwhelmingly complex mass of rules, procedures and possible options. Key features: * A practical introduction to patient safety and risk management written specifically for nurses and nursing students * Case studies and scenarios help you to apply patient safety and risk management principles to actual practice * Each chapter is mapped to the relevant NMC standards and Essential Skills Clusters so that you can see how you are meeting the professional requirements * Activities throughout help you to think critically and reflect on practice.
- Author BiographyMelanie Fisher LLM (Medical Law), MA (Education and Practice), PGDE, BSc (Hons), RN, ONC is Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader, Pre-Registration Health Studies, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne. Melanie Fisher has worked in Higher Education for 13 years. Prior to this she worked in Adult Nursing predominantly in Trauma and Orthopaedics before taking up leadership and management roles which incorporated managing risk, promoting patient safety and developing practice. Melanie has a keen interest in medical and healthcare law and she has also worked with strategic commissioners as a patient safety associate. Margaret Scott, LLM (Medical Law), PGDAPL, BSc, RN is Senior Lecturer and acting Programme Leader, Pre-Registration Health Studies, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne. She has recently been accepted as a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy. Margaret Scott has 29 years' nursing experience having worked predominantly in operating departments and anaesthetics prior to moving into nurse education. She is very safety focused due to working for many years in such a high-risk work environment and is committed to raising awareness and making a difference in providing safer care.
- Author(s)Margaret Scott,Melanie A. Fisher
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleTransforming Nursing Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.