All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe author, a young American anthropologist, spent three years studying Bangkok's red-light district, Patpong, an area of a few blocks teeming with bars and explicit sex shows. In this book, she concludes that some of the Patpong people, far from being downtrodden and exploited, reveal themselves to be intelligent, and highly entrepreneurial.
- Author BiographyCleo Odzer was an adventurous American writer born in 1950 in New York. She received a PhD in anthropology from The New School for Social Research. After studying the sex culture in Bangkok, Thailand, she then traveled to Goa, India, and would later write about the hippie culture there in her second book, Goa Freaks. Odzer died in 2001 in Goa, India.
- Author(s)Cleo Odzer
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Content Note40 illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.