Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.53Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionPatriarchs, Prophets and Other Villains takes as a starting point the hermeneutics of suspicion. The book illustrates the way in which texts and interpretations have been manipulated for the purpose of power and control. Through careful-counter readings it challenges the ways in which the female divine has been pushed back by relentless male interpretation and misrepresentation. The essays range across liberation theology and queer theory to sexual hospitality and the Song of Songs as a challenge to hetero-patriarchy. The book provides an accessible resource for any student interested in the ways in which narrow readings of Scripture can become a power base for hierarchies of exclusion.
- Author BiographyLisa Isherwood is Professor of Feminist Liberation Theologies and Director of Theological Partnerships at the University of Winchester, UK.
- Author(s)Lisa Isherwood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleGender, Theology & Spirituality
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.