Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.33+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.96+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by thephilosophersnook
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatrick Lichfield inhabited a world of beauty, class and style that he documented with conspicuous success for more than 40 years, in the process creating some of the 20th century's most iconic images - such as the Princess of Wales in her fairytale dress bending down to comfort a bridesmaid; the Queen, at ease and unselfconscious, relaxing with her beloved dogs; Mick and Bianca Jagger laughing together after their rock-star wedding. With his uniquely sympathetic eye for faces, he photographed a range of personalities for Life, Queen and Vogue magazines from the mid-1960s onwards: stars of stage and screen, politicians, aristocracy and royalty, sportsmen and women, models and socialites, as well as ordinary men and women going about their daily lives. Although he came to be identified with photographs of the illustrious, Lichfield was also an acute observer of the world around him, and his lesser-kwn photojournalism as well as his portraits make up a fascinating picture of the period in which he lived and worked. Curated by Martin Harrison, Perceptions is filled with photographs from Lichfield's entire archive, over half of which have never been seen before. This superbly produced retrospective, the first representing his complete career, establishes Patrick Lichfield as one of the great British photographers of the late 20th Century.
- Author BiographyPatrick, Earl of Lichfield (1939-2005), educated at Harrow and Sandhurst, left the Grenadier Guards in 1962 to follow his passion, photography. His greatest break came when he was summoned by Diana Vreeland, the doyenne of Fashion Editors, to photograph the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, and given a five-year contract with American Vogue. A cousin of The Queen, he was able to take intimate photographs of the Royal Family and their circle, affording a glimpse into a hitherto unknown world. He worked for a number of major global editorial and advertising clients, and in 1981 he was official photographer at the wedding of The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer. An internationally renowned photographer, exhibitions of his work were held worldwide and he published several books during his career. Martin Harrison is a photographic and art historian whose published books include Appearances, Norman Parkinson, several books with David Bailey and on Francis Bacon, whose catalogue raisonne he is currently compiling.
- Author(s)Patrick Lichfield
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 200 colour photographs
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.