All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionPatrick White (1912-1990) won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1973 and remains one of Australia's most celebrated writers. In 2006, White's literary executor, Barbara Mobbs, released a highly significant collection of hitherto unpublished papers, reviving mainstream and scholarly interest in his work. 'Patrick White Beyond the Grave' considers White's writing in light of the new findings, ackwledging his homosexuality in relation to the development of his literary style, examining the way he engages his readers, and contextualizing his life and oeuvre in relation to London and to London life. Thought-provoking, this collection of original essays represents the work of an outstanding list of White scholars from around the globe, and will doubt inspire further work on White from a rising generation of scholars of twentieth-century literature beyond Australia.
- Author BiographyIan Henderson is the Head of the Menzies Centre for Australian Studies, King's College London and lectures in the Department of English Language and Literature. Anouk Lang is a lecturer in Digital Humanities in the Department of English Literature at the University of Edinburgh.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnthem Australian Humanities Research Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnouk Lang,Ian Henderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.