All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pattern cutter's aesthetic judgement of proportion, balance, line and form has always underpinned success in fashion design. In Pattern Cutting: The Architecture of Fashion, Pat Parish approaches the subject from this perspective, identifying key shapes and structures from the catwalk and translating them into 3D through a number of cutting, draping and construction processes. These methods are explored here through a series of practical scenarios, richly illustrated and antated with step-by-step instructions. This exciting new approach provides you with the inspiration, tools and confidence to interpret and adapt basic patterns and take your designs even further.
- Author BiographyPat Parish's teaching career began at the Royal College of Art, London. Alongside her teaching, she also worked as a freelance pattern cutter for designers such as Betty Jackson and Anne Tyrrell, and created collections with Amanda Wakely, Edina Ronay, Bruce Oldfield and many others. She currently teaches at Croydon University College in the UK and is involved in the 'Fashioning an Ethical Industry' programme, set up to educate students, educators and individuals in ethical practice.
- Author(s)Pat Parish
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRequired Reading Range
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight939 g
- Width220 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.