All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatterns of Fashion 2 focuses on the eighty-year period preceding the Second World War. Beginning with a day dress from c. 1861-3 from the London Museum and ending with a 1938 Evening dress from the V&A costume historian and researcher Janet Arld traces period and style and draws up patters from the original garments on grid paper with construction instructions. This is introduced by excerpts and reproductions from fashion magazines of the period. Contains 226 black and white illustrations. 34 patterns.
- Author BiographyJanet Arnold was a historian of fashion, which combined her two greatest passions: the theatre and clothes. Her early books were conceived as aids for the fashion and theatre students she taught, but as her unique range and depth of knowledge became apparent, more and more museums and other institutions sought her advice and, today, her books are essential tools for the study of dress and have been used throughout the world.
- Author(s)Janet Arnold
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/12/1982
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations, bibliography
- Weight560 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Interest Age18
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.