All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis cross-cultural text examines social, religious, and cultural approaches to death and dying across Eastern and Western cultures and religious traditions. Organization of the book begins with an examination of death and dying among non-literate peoples in different parts of the world, then covers Hindu, Buddhist, Chinese, and Japanese approaches, Western patterns of transcendence (ancient Middle East, Judaic, Christian, and Islamic), and concludes with a chapter on death and dying in contemporary America. It discusses four patterns of transcendence: ancestral, experiential, cultural, and mythic.
- Author(s)David Chidester
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/08/2001
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight416 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.