All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new, completely rewritten edition of his major 1986 book, Francis Watson extends, updates, and clarifies his response to E. P. Sanders' view of Paul, in order to point the way beyond the polarization of new and old perspectives on the apostle. The Paul who comes to light in these pages is agent and thinker, apostle and theologian. He is a highly contextual figure, yet his account of Christian identity continues to shape the church's life to this day. He is the founder of mainly Gentile, Christ-believing communities, separated from the synagogue; and yet he can see this distinctive existence as an authentic response to Jewish scripture and tradition, as fulfilled in Christ. He is a many-sided figure, transcending all our attempts to categorize him or to co-opt him for our own favored causes.
- Author BiographyFrancis Watson is the Kirby Laing Chair of New Testament Exegesis at the University of Aberdeen. Since his original publication of Paul, Judaism and the Gentiles he has authored several other books.
- Author(s)Francis Watson
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication27/11/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.