All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- Description<b>The definitive Paul McCartney biography, written with his approval by bestselling biographer Philip Norman.</b></br></br> Since the age of twenty-one, Paul McCartney has lived one of the ultimate rock-n-roll lives played out on the most public of stages. Now, Paul's story is told by rock music's foremost biographer, with McCartney's consent and access to family members and close friends who have never spoken on the record before. PAUL McCARTNEY reveals the complex character behind the facade and sheds new light on his childhood--blighted by his mother's death but redeemed by the father who introduced him to music. </br></br> This is the first definitive account of Paul's often troubled partnership with John Lenn, his personal trauma after the Beatles' breakup, and his subsequent struggle to get back to the top with Wings--which nearly got him murdered in Africa and brought him nine days in a Tokyo jail. Readers will learn about his marriage to Linda, including their much-criticized musical collaboration, and a moving account of her death. Packed with new information and critical insights, PAUL MCCARTNEY will be the definitive biography of a musical legend.
- Author BiographyPhilip Norman is the bestselling biographer of Buddy Holly, the Rolling Stones, John Lennon, Elton John, and Mick Jagger, and the author of the classic Beatles biography <em>SHOUT!</em> He is also a novelist and playwright. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Philip Norman
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight1542 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.