All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree complete radio dramas featuring writer-cum-amateur detective Paul Temple, plus bonus archive material. When it comes to classic crime partnerships, Paul Temple and his wife Steve are the creme de la creme. Between 1938 and 1968 their glamorous exploits enthralled generations of radio listeners around the world. Here, presented in chrological order, are some of the amateur detective's earliest adventures. 'Send for Paul Temple' (1940) is an early remake of the w-lost original 1938 BBC production. 'Paul Temple Intervenes' (1942) finds Paul and Steve investigating a series of celebrity murders, whilst 'Paul Temple and the Vandyke Affair' (the original 1950 production, presented here for the very first time) concerns the strange disappearance of the Desmond baby and her sitter. Hugh Morton, Bernard Braden, Carl Bernard and Peter Coke play Paul in these episodes, with Bernadette Hodgson, Peggy Hassard and Marjorie Westbury as Steve. A bonus disc features rare archive material from otherwise lost productions, including the final episodes of 'Send for Paul Temple' (1938) and 'Paul Temple and the Front Page Men' (1938). Duration: 11 hours approx.
- Author BiographyFrancis Durbridge ( 1912 - 1998) was an English playwright and author. In 1938 he created the character Paul Temple, a crime novelist and detective. With Steve Trent, a Fleet Street journalist and later his wife, Temple solved numerous crimes in the glamorous world of the leisured middle classes, first on radio, then in films and, from 1969 to 1971, in a television series. In addition to the Paul Temple series, Durbridge wrote other mysteries for radio and television, many of which were also produced for Dutch, German and Italian television and radio.e with seven plays, the last of which, Sweet Revenge, was written in 1991. He also wrote forty-three novels, many of which were adapted from his scripts, sometimes with the help of others.
- Author(s)Francis Durbridge
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight245 g
- Width138 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Read byCarl Bernard,Full Cast,Hugh Morton
- Contained items statement10 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
- Edition StatementA&M
Save on Audio Books
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.74
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.50
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.72
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $25.06
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.