All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPauline Frederick Reporting is the biography of the life and career of the first woman to become a network news correspondent. After less an authority than Edward R. Murrow told her there was place for her in broadcasting, Pauline Frederick (1908-90) cracked the good old boys' club through determination and years of hard work, eventually becoming a trusted voice to millions of television viewers. During Frederick's nearly fifty years as a journalist, she interviewed a young Fidel Castro, covered the Nuremberg trials, interpreted diplomatic actions at the United Nations, and was the first woman to moderate a presidential debate. The life of this pivotal figure in American journalism provides an inside perspective on the growth and political maneuverings of television networks as well as Frederick's relationships with iconic NBC broadcast figures David Brinkley, Chet Huntley, and others. Although Frederick repeatedly insisted that she would trade her career, glamorous as it was, to have a family, a series of romances ended in heartache when she did indeed choose her work over love. At the age of sixty-one, however, she married and attained the family life she had always wanted. Her story is one for all modern women striving to balance career and family.
- Author BiographyMarilyn S. Greenwald is a professor of journalism at the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism, Ohio University. She is the coauthor of The Big Chill: Investigative Reporting in the Current Media Environment and the award-winning book A Woman of the Times: Journalism, Feminism, and the Career of Charlotte Curtis. Marlene Sanders, a three-time Emmy Award winner, is a correspondent, producer, writer, and former news executive who broke barriers for women throughout her career.
- Author(s)Marilyn S. Greenwald
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note35 photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byMarlene Sanders
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.