Pay for Performance: Evaluating Performance Appraisal and Merit Pay by Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Academy of Sciences, Renae F. Broderick, National Research Council, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, Anne S. Mavor, Committee on Performance Appraisal for Merit Pay (Paperback, 1991)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionPay for performance has become a buzzword for the 1990s, as U.S. organizations seek ways to boost employee productivity. The new emphasis on performance appraisal and merit pay calls for a thorough examination of their effectiveness. Pay for Performance is the best resource to date on the issues of whether these concepts work and how they can be applied most effectively in the workplace. This important book looks at performance appraisal and pay practices in the private sector and describes whether--and how--private industry experience is revelant to federal pay reform. It focuses on the needs of the federal government, exploring how the federal pay system evolved; available evidence on federal employee attitudes toward their work, their pay, and their reputation with the public; and the complicating and pervasive factor of politics.
- Author BiographyGeorge T. Milkovich and Alexandra K. Wigdor, Editors, with Renae F. Broderick and Anne S. Mavor; Committee on Performance Appraisal for Merit Pay,National Research Council
- Author(s)Anne S. Mavor,Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education,Committee on Performance Appraisal for Merit Pay,Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education,National Academy of Sciences,National Research Council,Renae F. Broderick
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAlexandra K. Wigdor,George T. Milkovich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.