All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionHow are professors paid? Can the best and brightest be attracted to the academic profession? With universities facing international competition, which countries compensate their academics best, and which ones lag behind? Paying the Professoriate examines these questions and provides key insights and recommendations into the current state of the academic profession worldwide. Paying the Professoriate is the first comparative analysis of global faculty salaries, remuneration, and terms of employment. Offering an in-depth international comparison of academic salaries in twenty-eight countries across public, private, research, and n-research universities, chapter authors shed light on the conditions and expectations that shape the modern academic profession. The top researchers on the academic profession worldwide analyze common themes, trends, and the impact of these matters on academic quality and research productivity. In a world where higher education capacity is a key driver of national invation and prosperity, and nations seek to fast-track their ecomic growth through expansion of higher education systems, policy makers and administrators increasingly seek answers about what actions they should be taking. Paying the Professoriate provides a much needed resource, illuminating the key issues and offering recommendations.
- Author BiographyPhilip G. Altbach is J. Donald Monan, S.J. University Professor and Director of the Center for International Higher Education, Boston College, USA. Liz Reisberg is Research Associate at the Center for International Higher Education, Boston College, USA. Maria Yudkevich is Associate Professor of Economics and Vice Rector for Research at the National Research University Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. Gregory Androushchak is Adviser to the Rector and Researcher at the Laboratory for Institutional Analysis at the National Research University Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. Ivan F. Pacheco is Research Assistant at the Center for International Higher Education, Boston College, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note62 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGregory Androushchak,Ivan F. Pacheco,Liz Reisberg,Maria Yudkevich,Philip G. Altbach
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.