All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description<b>Plant-based recipes from a fun-loving, world-wandering chef you'll want to follow everywhere!</b><b>Chef Lee Watson </b>was once, in his own words, the mightiest se-to-tail carnivore of them all. But four years ago, he went completely vegan--and today, he's an easygoing evangelist for peaceful, plant-full eating! Now, <i>Peace & Parsnips </i>captures 200 of Lee's extraordinarily creative recipes, all rooted in his love of life and his many travels--from the streets of Mexico and the food bazaars of Turkey to the French countryside, the shores of Spain, the spice markets of India and beyond! Twelve chapters burst with gorgeous photos (200 in all!), tempting us with Lee's mouthwatering recipes--all meat-free, dairy-free and egg-free, and many gluten-free--that are brimming with goodness. Get set to savor: <ul><li><b>Breakfast: </b>Plantain Breakfast Burrito with Pico de Gallo</li><li><b>Smoothies, Juices & Hot Drinks: </b>Healthy Hot Chocolate</li><li><b>Soups: </b>Zen Noodle Broth</li><li><b>Salads: </b>Fennel, Walnut & Celeriac Salad with Caesar-ish Dressing</li><li><b>Sides: </b>Turkish-Style Spinach with Creamy Tofu Ricotta</li><li><b>Nibbles, Dips & Small Plates: </b>Shiitake Tempura with Wasabi Mayo</li><li><b>Big Plates: </b>Parsnip & Walnut Rumbledethumps with Baked Beans</li><li><b>Curries: </b>Roasted Almond & Kohlrabi Koftas with Tomato & Ginger Masala</li><li><b>Burgers & More: </b>Portobello Pecan Burgers with Roasted Pumpkin Wedges</li><li><b>Baked & Stuffed: </b>Mexican Pastor Pie</li><li><b>Sweet Treats: </b>Raw Blueberry & Macadamia Cheesecake; Dark Chocolate & Beet Brownies</li><li><b>Sauces, Dressings, Toppers & other Extras: </b>Smoky Chipotle & Cauliflower Cheese Sauce; Tofu & Herb Feta!</li></ul> Lee's thoughtful, enthusiastic advice makes it easier than you think (and great fun) to create unforgettable meals from an inspiring array of seasonal fruits, fresh vegetables and easy-to-find staples. This is food that explodes with flavor, color and texture--and will delight and urish <i>everyone</i>.
- Author BiographyPassionate about vegan food without being preachy, Lee Watson brings a singular sensibility to the vegan cookbook shelf. He has worked in restaurants for more than 20 years, has cooked on TV as one half of the presenting team on Fox s Meat v Veg and helped open a restaurant on the beach in Murcia, Spain. Besides growing his own organic fruit and vegetables, Lee writes poetry and plays guitar, practices yoga, hikes and runs in the mountains, swims in the sea, surfs and enjoys nature. He lives the good life with his partner, Jane, in western Wales, where he works as a vegan chef at an idyllic retreat center in Snowdonia National Park.
- Author(s)Lee Watson
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width193 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.