All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) was created in 1919 by business leaders who described themselves as 'merchants of peace' and whose motto was 'world peace through world trade'. Since then a number of initiatives, including the founding of the WTO in 1995, have provided the proper regulatory conditions for a dramatic increase in world trade. This has generated unprecedented growth and allowed many countries to enjoy great gains in wealth and welfare. Yet despite these gains we are still far from achieving the ICC's goal of world peace through world trade. This 2010 book provides a broad overview of the forces that shape international trade and global interdependence, showing business leaders and entrepreneurs how we can address the shortcomings of the multilateral trading system. Most importantly, it shows how we can turn international trade into one of the key global instruments to achieve peace and prosperity in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyJean-Pierre Lehmann is Professor of International Political Economy and Founding Director of the Evian Group at IMD, Lausanne. Following an academic and consulting career primarily in Asia and Europe, he founded the Evian Group in 1995 and joined IMD in 1997. He frequently participates in global policy forums and is a compulsive writer of articles and briefs on numerous issues related to international economic and political affairs and global governance. Fabrice Lehmann is Research Associate and Editor with the Evian Group at IMD, Lausanne. In this capacity, he has drafted numerous reports for a global audience on the ongoing Doha Round of trade negotiations at the WTO, as well as the UNFCCC climate change negotiations, with special attention to the linkages between these negotiations.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFabrice Lehmann,Jean-Pierre Lehmann
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.