Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn the aftermath of violent conflict, how do the ecomic challenges of state building intersect with the political challenges of peace building? How can the international community help lay the fiscal foundations for a sustainable state and a durable peace? Peace and the Public Purse examines these questions, lifting the curtain that often has separated ecomic policy from peace implementation. Drawing on recent experiences in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Cambodia, East Timor, Guatemala, Palestine, and Uganda, the authors bring to life a key dimension of how both peace and states are built. The book explores how the ecomic challenges of state building intersect with the political challenges of peace building in the aftermath of violent conflict.
- Author BiographyJames K. Boyce is professor of economics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, where he directs the program on peacebuilding at the Political Economy Research Unit. He is author of Investing in Peace:Aid and Conditionality After Civil War and editor of Economic Policy for Building Peace: The Lessons of El Salvador. Madalene O'Donnell is on the staff of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations. Previously, she coordinated the program on postwar statebuilding at New York University's Center on International Cooperation; and she has also worked on public-sector reform at the World Bank and served as anticorruption adviser at the US Agency for International Development.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleCenter on International Cooperation Studies in Multilateralism
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byJames K. Boyce,Madalene O'Donnell
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.