All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you think world peace is a naive concept, Paul K. Chappell's very existence will give you pause. It's t eugh to say that Chappell - a West Point graduate and Iraq War veteran - is a soldier turned peace leader. Experiencing a traumatic upbringing and growing up mixed race in Alabama, he's a young man forged by violence, rage, and racism into a living weapon for peace. By unlocking the mysteries of human nature, he shows how the muscles of hope, empathy, appreciation, conscience, reason, discipline, and curiosity give us the power to end the wars between countries, our ongoing war with nature, and the war in our hearts.
- Author BiographyPaul K. Chappell graduated from West Point in 2002. He served in the army for seven years, was deployed to Baghdad in 2006, and left active duty in November 2009 as a Captain. He is the author of Will War Ever End?, The End of War, and Peaceful Revolution, and he is working on his fourth book, The Art of Waging Peace. He is currently serving as the Peace Leadership Director for the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, and he speaks throughout the country to colleges, high schools, veterans groups, churches, and activist organizations.
- Author(s)Paul K. Chappell
- PublisherEaston Studio Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEaston Studio Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.