All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- Description<b>The fourteenth vel in Cherryh's Foreigner space opera series, a groundbreaking tale of first contact and its consequences...</b> Civil war on the world of the <i>atevi</i> is finally over. And Cajeiri, son and heir of Tabini-aiji, <i>atevi</i> leader of the dominant Western Association, is about to celebrate his fortunate ninth birthday. Bren Cameron, brilliant human diplomat allied with Tabini, has managed to arrange a visit for Cajeiri's three special associates from the starship <i>Phoenix</i>--ordinary human children who developed a bond with Cajeiri during his two years in space. After a year of political upheaval, this is a happy event: the heir is safe, the aiji is back in power, and a massive celebration is planned in the capital. The whole world is watching. But Bren Cameron has received evidence that security has been severely compromised from the aiji's high office on downward. The powerful Assassins' Guild--which provides the judicial system, law enforcement, and personal protection in <i>atevi</i> society--is in the hands of a man who would like to turn the entire world back two centuries. Bren w kws the details of a decades-old plot that's been threaded through Guild actions since before his arrival on the continent. The enemy's best chance is to strike w, at the public celebration that is much too important and far too advanced to cancel. Bren and his associates have choice. If they don't make the first move, the other side will. And the lives of the heir, his incent human guests, and the entire ruling family are at stake. The long-running <i>Foreigner</i> series can also be enjoyed by more casual genre readers in sub-trilogy installments. <i>Peacemaker</i> is the 15th <i>Foreigner</i> vel, and the 3rd book in the fifth subtrilogy.
- Author Biography<b>C. J. Cherryh </b>planned to write since the age of ten. When she was older, she learned to use a typewriter while triple-majoring in Classics, Latin, and Greek. With more than seventy books to her credit, and the winner of three Hugo Awards, she is one of the most prolific and highly respected authors in the science fiction field. Cherryh was recently named a Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master by the Science Fiction Writers of America. She lives in Washington state. She can be found at cherryh.com.
- Author(s)C J Cherryh
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleForeigner Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintDAW Books
- Weight576 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.