All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you swear by peaches from Georgia or from South Carolina, there's doubt that the fruit is sacred to southerners. From the moment the first mouthwatering Elberta variety was grafted in the 1870s, the peach has been an icon of summertime and a powerful symbol of the South's bounty. Peaches showcases the sweet richness of this signature fruit. Native Atlantan and award-winning food writer Kelly Alexander explores the fruit's history, offers advice for selecting, storing, and cooking, and reflects on the place of peaches in southern identity. Peaches includes forty-five recipes ranging from classic desserts to internationally inspired preparations. In this book, the desserts come first, and all the recipes - from The Best Peach Ice Cream and Roasted Peach-Basil Chicken to Pickled Peaches and Peach Clafoutis - will leave us certain that we should all dare to eat a peach, as often as we're able.
- Author BiographyKelly Alexander 's work has appeared in the New York Times , Newsweek , and O: The Oprah Magazine . She is co-author of the New York Times best-selling barbecue cookbook Smokin' with Myron Mixon .
- Author(s)Kelly Alexander
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleSavor the South Cookbooks
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.