Consider these sponsored items
- AU $20.25Free postage
- AU $24.99
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't have to be a genius to achieve extraordinary things. In this fascinating book, Anders Ericsson and Robert Pool explain that learning new skills doesn't need to be daunting. Musical prodigies, sports stars and leading scientists acquire their special abilities through training - and all of us can do the same. Based on thirty years of pioneering research, Peak shows that success simply requires the right kind of practice and offers essential advice on setting goals, receiving guidance and motivating ourselves. The astonishing stories prove that whether we're at work or at school, in the music room or on the sports field, we can master almost anything. Remarkable...who among us doesn't want to learn how to get better at life? (Stephen J. Dubner, co-author of Freakomics). This book...could truly change the world. (Joshua Foer, author of Moonwalking with Einstein). Groundbreaking...brilliantly useful. (Daniel Coyle, author of The Talent Code).
- Author BiographyAnders Ericsson (Author) Professor Anders Ericsson is the world's reigning expert on expertise. His research into what makes ordinary people achieve the extraordinary was the inspiration for the 10,000-hours rule - the popular theory that 10,000 hours of any type of practice will allow an individual to excel in any field. In this book, he describes how a particular type of extended practice leads to exceptional performance. Anders Ericsson began his research into expertise when he conducted a memory trial on a young man. Despite having no previous aptitude for memory exercises, after several hundred sessions the young man was displaying memory powers over 10 times that of an average person. This was as a result of the system of training Ericsson had put him through - a process Ericsson has named 'deliberate practice'. Professor Ericsson has gone on to have his research widely cited in major newspapers and magazines worldwide, and he has worked with major international organisations, as well as Oxford, Stanford and Harvard medical schools, teachers and educational researchers, professional sports teams (Manchester City Football Club, Saracens Rugby Union Club, UK Sport, England and Wales Cricket Board), and military groups.Robert Pool (Author) Robert Pool is a science writer who has worked at some of the world's most prestigious science publications, including Science and Nature, and his writing has appeared in many others. He is the author of three previous books.
- Author(s)Anders Ericsson,Robert Pool
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication20/04/2017
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight234 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.