All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionBased on newly declassified Soviet archives, including secret police reports, Peasant Rebels Under Stalin documents the active history of the vast peasant rebellion against collectivization between 1928-1932. Lynn Viola reveals the manifestation in Stalin's Russia of universal strategies of peasant resistance in what amounted to virtual civil war between state and peasantry.
- Author BiographyLynne Viola is Professor of History and a member of the Centre for Russian and East European Studies at the University of Toronto. Her previous books include The Best Sons of the Fatherland (OUP, 1987), A Researcher's Guide to Sources on Soviet Social History (co-editor, 1990), and Russian Peasant Women (co-editor, OUP, 1992).
- Author(s)Lynne Viola
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight479 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.