All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeatlands provide globally important ecosystem services through climate and water regulation or biodiversity conservation. While covering only 3% of the earth's surface, degrading peatlands are responsible for nearly a quarter of carbon emissions from the land use sector. Bringing together world-class experts from science, policy and practice to highlight and debate the importance of peatlands from an ecological, social and ecomic perspective, this book focuses on how peatland restoration can foster climate change mitigation. Featuring a range of global case studies, opportunities for reclamation and sustainable management are illustrated throughout against the challenges faced by conservation biologists. Written for a global audience of environmental scientists, practitioners and policy makers, as well as graduate students from natural and social sciences, this interdisciplinary book provides vital pointers towards managing peatland conservation in a changing environment.
- Author BiographyAletta Bonn is Professor of Ecosystem Services at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and Head of the Department of Ecosystem Services at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ within the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-Leipzig. Tim Allott is Professor of Physical Geography and Head of the School of Environment, Education and Development at the University of Manchester. Martin Evans is Professor of Geomorphology and Head of the Department of Geography in the School of Environment and Development at the University of Manchester. Hans Joosten is Professor of Peatland Studies and Palaeoecology at Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Partner in the Greifswald Mire Centre. Rob Stoneman is Chief Executive of the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleEcological Reviews
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note92 b/w illus. 36 tables
- Weight1000 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAletta Bonn,Hans Joosten,Martin Evans,Rob Stoneman,Tim Allott
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.