Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems are wide ranging and passionate. Linguistically thrilling, they explore the world of snakes, swallows, valleys and skyscrapers, weariness and love. Reading through the eclectic subjects, provokes a sense of searching, a sense of chaos from which ultimately grows a unification of all things, so the dung beetle, scribe and feet are all part of one entity. Just as he enjoys presenting both image and concept in his poems, he gives the reader the space in these slowly unraveling poems to immerse fully in his particularly intense worldview.
- Author BiographyPedro Serrano has published five collections of poems. He has co-edited and co-translated the groundbreaking anthology 'The Lamb Generation' which brought together translations of 30 contemporary British poets in 2000. His libretto for the opera 'Marimbas de l'Exile/El Norte en Veracruz' was first staged in Besancon France in January 2000, then travelled to Paris and Mexico. He has also translated Shakespeare's King John into Spanish. Many of his poems have been translated into English and have been published in widely in the UK and abroad. He teaches in the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City, and is editor of UNAM's highly-regarded poetry website, 'Periodico de Poesia'
- Author(s)Pedro Serrano
- PublisherArc Publications
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleVisible Poets
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationLancs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArc Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byAnna Crowe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.